Aptly referred to as the “mountain camp”, UCSA’s Bainskloof camp centre high up in the Limietberg Mountains combines first-rate accommodation and facilities with an unsurpassed experience in nature. Due to its rugged location, limited space is available for outdoor games. However, the camp centre’s own scenic eco-hiking route and the nearby river with natural pools for swimming, more than make up for that. Add to this the crisp mornings, an abundance of pure mountain air, and the quietness that sets in during the late afternoon as night starts to fall, and you can be sure that you will leave at the end of your stay physically and spiritually re-energized.
The camp centre provides group accommodation for 120 persons and is ideal for focussed programmes in inspiring surroundings for youth, church, and other groups. It also has a 10-bed apartment and a free-standing 4-bed cottage (both self-catering) that can be rented independently.
The venue is furthermore a good choice for conferences, weddings, birthdays and other private functions.
R301, Bainskloof Pass, 13 km outside Wellington
GPS co-ordinates: S 33 37.050; E 19 06.074
The town of Wellington
• fully-equipped kitchen
• hall (120+ persons)
• self-catering (on-site catering service available on request)
• sheltered braai
• cellphone reception (not guaranteed)
• swimming (only allowed under supervision of a first-aider)
• hiking (centre’s own scenic eco-hiking route; hiking in the adjacent Limietberg Nature Reserve requires a permit from Cape Nature)
• Accommodation units: 13
• Beds: 134 (120 in dormitories and 14 in two self-catering units)
• Learners and adults (weekends): R120 pppn
• Learners and adults (midweek): R105 pppn
• Kids under 5 years and younger: Free
• Deposit R2000
• Deposit expires in case of cancellation 6 weeks before the camp.
• Minimum: 30 people
• Day Tariff: R60 pp (09:00 – 19:00) with minimum of R1800 pd
• Hall and kitchen for conferences: R2200
• Apartment: R600 for first 2 people per night and thereafter R120 pppn (max 10 people)
• Cottage: R600 for first 2 people per night and thereafter R120 pppn (max 4 people)