The ambience of UCSA Winklespruit camp centre’s location next to the beach already sets the scene for a superb camp experience. Add to this a wide selection of well-maintained accommodation options and purposeful camp-related infrastructure and services, then there can be no doubt this is the place for camp memories that will not be forgotten.
The safe beach lends itself to the outdoor activities associated with camp programmes. And, although secluded, the camp centre forms an integral part of the popular seaside town of Winklespruit with shops and services, including medical care, readily available.
The centre is ideal for youth, church, school sport and other groups and offers the flexibility of accommodating smaller, as well as larger groups. It also offers holiday accommodation for couples and families.
The venue is furthermore a good choice for conferences, weddings, birthdays and other private functions.
Camp Street, Winklespruit, KwaZulu Natal South Coast
GPS co-ordinates: S 30 05.895; E 30 51.658
Durban with its popular waterfront and recreational water activities
South Coast towns, including Umkomaas, Illovo, Port Shepston and Margate
• two fully-equipped kitchens
• main hall (400 persons)
• dining hall
• a facility that can be used as a small chapel
• on-site catering service
• camp programmes offered (on request)
• cellphone reception
• fully enclosed campsite with a coded gate
• security service available at an extra cost
THE CAMPSITE OFFERS
• beach activities
• coastline hiking
• Accommodation units: 34
• Beds: 272
* UCSA members and groups qualify for special tariffs.
• two-bed chalet – own bathroom – R175
• two-bed chalet – communal bathroom – R150
• twelve-bed communal rooms – own bathroom facilities – R150
• fourteen-bed communal rooms – without bathroom facilities – R140
• hiring of small kitchen – R900 per day