“Beyond beautiful!” This description from someone who attended a camp at UCSA’s Karmel camp centre says it all.
The camp centre with its secluded location in the imposing Franschhoek Mountains, a river with natural pools for swimming close by, an abundance of lush fynbos vegetation, and never-ending vistas of majestic mountains against a backdrop of impressive cloud formations, exudes an atmosphere of freedom and adventure. Add to this the centre’s own, well-equipped facilities, and you’re set for a camp and adventure experience to remember.
The centre is ideal for adventure camps for youth, church and other groups, especially for programmes that require tranquillity in an isolated setting. The venue is furthermore a good choice for conferences, weddings, birthdays and other private functions.
R45, 10 km outside Franschhoek direction Villiersdorp
GPS co-ordinates: S33 55.201; E19 09.772
The town of Franschhoek with its numerous attractions
• fully-equipped kitchen
• hall (tables and chairs for 104 persons)
• sheltered braai facilities
• a big lapa with 10 fireplaces where campers can prepare their own food, if required
• on-site catering service
• camp programmes offered by Big Oak Adventures
• electricity (limited – 230V generator for lights in the evening)
• limited cellphone reception
THE CAMPSITE OFFERS
• lawns for playing games
• adventure training
• Accommodation units: 4
• Beds: 104